Monday 20 June 2011

VERGE by LOUEM

Sorry I have been completely AWOL these past few months as I have been super busy finishing all my work off for my degree....anyway I am finally done and dusted and below I have posted some photos of the results!

At the bottom of the page I will post my concept behind the project and the work I have made.

Enjoy :)

x










My collection title was names 'VERGE' and I chose to create it for A/W '11. The concept behind my collection ; To take the something which is usually perceived as something unattractive or 'ugly', and to turn it into something beautiful. I started to look at rust, decay and decomposing. On the flip side I also looked at mechanical objects which then transformed into metallics as I liked the glamour of the shine.

 You can see in my garments that I contrasted the two by choosing the fabrics, colour pallette and techniques that I used. I also had alot of influence by the brand 'All Saints' and wanted to create some aspects of their style in my work.

In my two Degree shows I styled my models to fit my concept and theme. Above are some pictures from various shows. I yet have a photoshoot to do, but once completed I will post the photos on here.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment